Gdansk: Auschwitz-Birkenau & Krakow Tour
Auschwitz-Birkenau is one of the most popular tourist must-see spots in Poland. This former German Nazi concentration camp – the largest mass murder site in the human history, has been established in 1940 and at first covered 40 square kilometres of what now is refrred to as Auschwitz I. In January 1942 the camp was extended by the grounds of Auschwitz II – Birkenau (approx. 2 km from Auschwitz I) – the same year the Nazis decided to proceed with the “Final Solution.”
The Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum was established in 1947 on the site of the former concentration camp to commemorate the victims and testify against the cruel murderers who are said to have killed over 1.1 million people including the elderly and children. Approx. 30 years later the whole complex was listed as a UNESCO World Culture and National Heritage Site.
During the sightseeing of Auschwitz I you will have a chance to see such things as camp barracks, The “Arbeit Macht Frei” gate, numerous exhibitions showing personal belongings of the prisoners, Block 11 (the infamous Death Block) with Death Wall, the gas chamber and crematorium I. After short ride to Auschwitz-Birkenau you will see: the entrance gate (the trains with prisoners entered to the camp through it), the railway ramp, the ruins of gas chambers and crematoria I and II, the monuments to the victims, the Sauna (the main camp bathhouse), the Kanada (the storehouses for loot), the ruins of gas chambers and crematoria IV and V and the barracks.
Apart from visiting the Memorial grounds, in the trip schedule you will find a free afternoon to explore Krakow on day 1 – whether alone or accompanied by a professional local guide in chosen language, you will be enchanted by the city of the kings. Here, you will be able to marvel at the beautiful sites and feel the spirit of history as you roam the streets and pass such highlights as the Wawel Royal Castle, the biggest market square in Europe with its Cloth Hall, Town Hall tower and many more.
We offer private 2-day tours from Gdansk to Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum and Krakow on request.
- Early morning hotel pick up and transfer with our English speaking driver to the railway station in Gdansk (exact time depends on train schedule)
- Receiving 2nd class return tickets for the premium fast train connection between Gdansk and Krakow and assistance of our driver at the platform
- Comfortable journey by train on your own (approx 5,5 hours)
- Getting off the train in Krakow and meeting our local private English-speaking driver at the platform and transfer to the chosen hotel
- Free time / *up to 3 hours of guided walking tour of Krakow
*on request at additional charge
- Pick-up from your hotel in Krakow and private transportation to Auschwitz (approx. 1,5 hours)
- Start of the group tour of Auschwitz and Birkenau with a local guide (approx. 3,5 hours total)
- Return to Krakow and drop off near the Krakow train station
- Around 5,5 hours journey back by train from Krakow to Gdansk
- Pick up at the platform of railway station in Gdansk by our English speaking driver and transfer back to your hotel in Gdansk
Whole tour lasts full 2 days (exact time depends on train schedule)
- 1380 PLN per person (1 person)
- 1070 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 950 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 880 PLN per person (4 persons)
- Contact us (5 persons or more)
*walking tour of Krakow – 350 PLN total for a private local English-speaking guide (up to 3 hours
What is included?
- Morning pick-up from your hotel in Gdansk and transfer to railway station with assistance of our English-speaking driver
- Return 2nd class premium fast train tickets
- Pick-up from railway station in Krakow by our local private English-speaking driver
- Free time in Krakow
- Morning pick-up on day 2 from your hotel in Krakow and private transportation to Auschwitz-Birkenau and back to Krakow train station
- Tickets for joining a local guided tour of Auschwitz and Birkenau
- Transfer from train station in Gdansk to your hotel in Gdansk with our English speaking driver
- The tour is available in the following languages: English, Spanish, Italian, French, German and Russian
- The prices do not include accommodation and meals. We can help you with booking your hotel stay – please advise if you are interested in this service as well
- You can book a service of a private local guide for up to 3 hours of guided Old Town in chosen language during which you will see among others:
- the Royal Route – the most recognised tourist route in Krakow that goes along the prettiest streets with the most must-see places of the city
- Slowacki Theatre – one of the most beautiful buildings of Krakow which is an excellent example of eclectic architecture
- Jagiellonian University – the oldest university in Poland and one of the oldest universities in Europe, a place of education for many prominent figures like Nicolaus Copernicus or Karol Wojtyla (Pope John Paul II)
- Main Market Square – the main point of the Old Town and the largest medieval market square in Europe (as large as 200 m by 200 m) with famous Cloth Hall and Town Hall tower
- St. Mary’s Basilica – a red brick Gothic church with its wooden altarpiece made in the 15th century by Veit Stoss, considered a national treasure
- Royal Castle on Wawel Hill – a true symbol of Krakow, for centuries it was the main seat of Polish monarchs; the hill offers a unique view over Vistula river