Gdansk: 2 day tour to Wieliczka & Krakow
Wieliczka Salt Mine is one of the greatest mining museums in Europe, listed as one of the Polish official national Historic Monuments and is regarded one of the best known tourist attractions in the country. Its foundation is connected with the legend of Saint Kinga.
The salt mine in Wieliczka has been operating without any stops since the 13th century. Currently, it reaches as deep as 327 meters and stretches via horizontal passages for over 287 kilometers. The visitors get to the level of 135 metres below the surface.
Today, the mine includes a tourist route of approx. 3,5 km (including chambers and passages), different kinds of exhibits presenting history of the salt mining and an underground lake.
During the tour, you will be able to see such marvellous spots as:
- Saint Anthony’s Chapel with an exceptional chandelier made of lumps of salt,
- Janowice chamber where you will learn the legend about the beginnings of the mine,
- Casimir the Great’s Chamber – a vast space where the role of the animals in the salt mine ios introduced to the visitors
- Saint Kinga’s Chapel – regarded by many as the most beautiful underground chapel in Poland, full of salt sculptures and reliefs created by the hands of mine workers,
- Erazm Baracz chamber with an underground lake,
- Jozef Pilsudski’s Chamber with a 10m length water tunnel from XIX century,
- Saint Jan’s Chapel – it used to be the most important sacred place of the mine,
For those willing, an underground museum is also open for visiting. The museum presents paintings of St Kinga and former rulers, a mining clothes exhibition etc. There is also an underground souvenir shop.
Apart from visiting the salt mine, in the trip schedule you will find free time to explore Krakow on day 2 – whether alone or accompanied by a professional local guide in chosen language, you will be enchanted by the city of the kings. Here, you will be able to marvel at the beautiful sites and feel the spirit of history as you roam the streets and pass such highlights as the Wawel Royal Castle, the biggest market square in Europe with its Cloth Hall, Town Hall tower and many more.
We offer private 2-day tours from Gdansk to Wieliczka Salt Mine and Krakow on request.
- Early morning hotel pick up and transfer with our English speaking driver to the railway station in Gdansk (exact time depends on train schedule)
- Receiving 2nd class return tickets for the premium fast train connection between Gdansk and Krakow and assistance of our driver at the platform
- Comfortable journey by train on your own (approx 5,5 hours)
- Getting off the train in Krakow and meeting our local private English-speaking driver at the platform and transfer to the chosen hotel
- Free time for a quick lunch
- Pick-up from your hotel in Krakow and private transportation to Wieliczka (approx. 40 minutes)
- Start of the group tour of Wieliczka salt mine with a local guide (approx. 2,5 hours total)
- Return to your hotel in Krakow and free time
- Free time / *up to 3 hours of guided walking tour of Krakow
- Transfer from your hotel to Krakow train station
- Around 5,5 hours journey back by train from Krakow to Gdansk
- Pick up at the platform of railway station in Gdansk by our English speaking driver and transfer back to your hotel in Gdansk
*on request at additional charge
Whole tour lasts full 2 days (exact time depends on train schedule)
- 1350 PLN per person (1 person)
- 1050 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 940 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 870 PLN per person (4 persons)
- Contact us (5 persons or more)
*walking tour of Krakow – 350 PLN total for a private local English-speaking guide (up to 3 hours)
What is included?
- Morning pick-up from your hotel in Gdansk and transfer to railway station with assistance of our English-speaking driver
- Return 2nd class premium fast train tickets
- Pick-up from railway station in Krakow by our local private English-speaking driver
- Free time in Krakow
- Afternoon pick-up on day 1 from your hotel in Krakow and private transportation to Wieliczka
- Tickets for joining a local guided tour of Wieliczka salt mine
- Transfer from your hotel to Krakow train station
- Transfer from train station in Gdansk to your hotel in Gdansk with our English speaking driver
- Please note that the visit to Wieliczka salt mine features 800 steps
- The tour is available in the following languages: English, Spanish, Italian, French, German and Russian
- The prices do not include accommodation and meals. We can help you with booking your hotel stay – please advise if you are interested in this service as well
- You can book a service of a private local guide for up to 3 hours of guided Old Town in chosen language during which you will see among others:
- the Royal Route – the most recognised tourist route in Krakow that goes along the prettiest streets with the most must-see places of the city
- Slowacki Theatre – one of the most beautiful buildings of Krakow which is an excellent example of eclectic architecture
- Jagiellonian University – the oldest university in Poland and one of the oldest universities in Europe, a place of education for many prominent figures like Nicolaus Copernicus or Karol Wojtyla (Pope John Paul II)
- Main Market Square – the main point of the Old Town and the largest medieval market square in Europe (as large as 200 m by 200 m) with famous Cloth Hall and Town Hall tower
- St. Mary’s Basilica – a red brick Gothic church with its wooden altarpiece made in the 15th century by Veit Stoss, considered a national treasure
- Royal Castle on Wawel Hill – a true symbol of Krakow, for centuries it was the main seat of Polish monarchs; the hill offers a unique view over Vistula river