Krakow: Tyskie Brewery Tour
Join us on a captivating tour to the Tyskie Brewery from Krakow, nestled within a historic edifice where the art of brewing has been practiced since 1629. Immerse yourself in the rich tapestry of the Tyskie Brand’s history and discover the secrets that have shaped its legacy. This brewery’s tale is a chronicle of mastery, spanning centuries.
In the year 1897, the brewery’s production yielded an astounding 10 million liters of beer, propelling it into the ranks of the world’s largest. Fast forward to 2004, the 375th anniversary of this esteemed establishment, Tyskie Browarium proudly unveiled Poland’s inaugural Brewing Museum, now a treasured component of the European Route of Industrial Heritage.
Our tour grants you passage into the annals of the factory’s history. Traverse a captivating collection of beer-themed artifacts, a symphony of multimedia exhibits, and a panoramic glimpse of the brewing process itself. Nestled in the charming town of Tychy, situated in Poland’s southwest, this experience promises to enrich your understanding of brewing traditions and their deep-rooted significance.
- pick up from your hotel in Krakow at chosen time (Musuem is open from 12 p.m.)
- around. 1,5 hour drive to the Tyskie Brewery from Krakow with our private English speaking driver
- sightseeing in a group tour inside the Museum for up to 1 hour with a local, professional guide in chosen language during which you will visit:
- Brewing Art Centre – you will discover the world of beer and the rules of the beer culture
- Brew House – the heart of the Brewery bulit in 1915
- Fermentation tanks – This is where the liquid from the brewhouse, known as wort, is fermented by adding yeast to produce beer.
- Murals – The murals were inspired by historical photographs from 1919-1920. One of them, covering an area of 800 square meters, is considered one of the largest in Poland
- Maturing tanks – The final stage of brewing, known as maturing or aging, takes place there. During this time, the beer develops its full range of aromas
- Bachelor’s House – That is where the unmarried men employed at the brewery resided and had access to entertainment in the form of a casino
- Miller’s Villa – The neo-Baroque villa is named after Julius Müller, a brewmaster who began working in 1866. He was the first to use bottom-fermenting yeast in the beer brewing process
- Stables and garages
- Familoks – Buildings where multiple generations of brewers and their families lived for many years
- Railway Platform – In active use until the 1970s, it was restored using photos from a century ago as reference.
- Old wood tar factory and cooperage – Buildings from the late 19th century, where beer barrels and other wooden objects were crafted with precision for use in the brewery.
- Tasting and the Pod Browarem Pub – Sample our best fresh beer straight from the brewery, Tyskie Gronie. Brewed just a few meters away from the location, and served immediately after tapping.
4. time for yourself in Tyskie Brewery Pub
5. approx. 1,5 drive back from Tyskie Brewery to Krakow by the same vehicle with the same driver
6. drop off at your hotel in Krakow
Tour lasts up to 6 hours.
- 690 PLN total (1 person)
- 410 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 330 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 290 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 250 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 220 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 190 PLN per person (7 persons)
- Contact us (8 persons or more)
What is included?
- hotel pick up and drop off after the tour
- private transportation by comfortable, air-conditioned car/van
- service of our private English speaking driver during whole tour
- entrance tickets to Tyskie Brewery
- sightseeing with a guide in Museum
- 0,5l Tyskie beer tasting
- skip the line entrance
*Local group tours with live guide in Tyskie Brewery are available in following languages: English, Polish, Italian, German, Russian
*Tyskie Brewery is closed on Monday