Krynica: Tour to Auschwitz – Birkenau
Auschwitz is definitely the most popular destination for one day excursions in Poland that does not need to be advertised. One of the symbols of Holocaust which is sometimes called „the biggest cemetery in the world”. More than 1 million people were murdered here by German Nazis between 1940 – 1945. In 1979 the Memorial was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Today it is possible to learn about this dark period in human history and visit this authentic area with original concentration camp buildings and everything that was preserved here thanks to rapid evacuation of German soldiers who did not have enough time to destroy the evidence of their crimes.
We organize private tours to Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum from Krynica on request.
1) pick up from your hotel in Krynica at chosen time,
2) up to 3,5 hours drive by an air-conditioned vehicle to the Auschwitz Museum from Krynica with our private English speaking driver,
3) sightseeing group tour inside the camps for up to 3,5 hours with local, professional guide in chosen language during which you will see:
Auschwitz I – the main camp (approx 2 hours of visiting)
- camp infrastructure barracks (storage, workshops),
- camp director’s office and SS guardhouse,
- The Arbeit Macht Frei gate, world famous symbol of the museum, main entrance to the camp,
- numerous exhibitions showing personal belongings of the prisoners and evidence of the crime,
- Death Wall at the courtyard of the Block 11- place of mass executions,
- Block 11- the camp jail, the first test of mass murder with Zyklon B was arranged here,
- the gas chamber and crematorium I, preserved in an original state to a large degree
- the site of the execution of the former camp commandant Rudolf Hoss, he was hanged in 1947 following a trial before the Polish Supreme National Tribunal
Auschwitz II – Birkenau, the largest center of extermination (up to 1,5 hour of visiting)
- the world famous railway entrance gate for trains transporting prisoners to the camp,
- the ramp, destination for trains carrying people deported to Auschwitz,
- the ruins of gas chambers and crematoria I and II,
- the monuments to the victims, unveiled on April 16, 1967; located at the end of the railroad platform,
- the main camp bathhouse – the Sauna,
- the barracks, mostly primitive wooden structures with large wooden shelves for bunk beds.
4.free time for lunch after sightseeing tour
5.up to 3,5 hours drive back to from Auschwitz to Krynica in the same vehicle with the same English speaking driver
6.drop off at your hotel in Krynica
Whole tour lasts up to 12 hours
What is included?
- your hotel pick up and drop off after the tour,
- private transportation with assistance of our English speaking driver during whole tour,
- entrance tickets to Auschwitz & Birkenau State Museum,
- skip the line entrance,
- local, group sightseeing tour of Auschwitz & Birkenau camps for up to 3,5 hours with live guide in chosen language,
- free time for lunch after sightseeing tour inside the camps
*Local group tours with live guide in Auschwitz & Birkenau are available in following languages:
English, Spanish, Italian, French, German and Russian
Prices: contact us
Choose number of participants
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.