Lublin: Old Town Walk
Lublin is a very beautiful city which is sometimes called the capital of eastern Poland. It is also the largest and most dynamically developing city on eastern side of the Vistula river. Its origins date back to the 12th century. Rich history of Lublin is told by impressive monuments, traditional flavors and legends hidden in the streets, alleys and walls of tenement houses. Join our guided walk around the oldest part of the city and discover the secrets of Lublin with our best, local guides.
We offer private guided walking tours of Lublin Old Town on request.
- meeting our private city guide in chosen language at your hotel at chosen time (if your hotel is located too far from Old Town, we suggest meeting point in the centre or at additional cost we can provide private transfer service)
- up to 2,5 hours walking tour of Old Town in Lublin during which you will be able to see:
- The Castle Hill with the Lublin Castle – medieval castle and one of the oldest preserved Royal residencies in Poland,
- the Grodzka Gate, a part of Lublin’s medieval fortifications; also called the Jewish Gate because it was a passage between the Old Town and the Jewish quarter,
- the Basilica of the Dominican Fathers, founded in 1342 by King Casimir the Great, probably the most valuable sacral buildings in the city,
- the Market Square, a historical centre of the city, very untypical due to its characteristic trapezoidal shape,
- the Crown Tribunal, former town hall, located in the centre of the Old Town Market Square; built in the beginning of the 16th century
- the Archcathedral, the largest church in Lublin; one of the first Baroque churches in Poland – built between 1592 and 1617,
- the Krakow Gate, a former part of a fortification system; Gothic-style gate was built in 14th century,
- the New Town Hall, built between 1827 and 1828 in the Classical architectural style; currently the seat of the municipal authorities
- the promenade and the Lithuanian Square, the representative square of Lublin, popular meeting place, offering a fountain with light shows
Whole tour lasts up to 2,5 hours.
- 650 PLN for a group of up to 20 people
What is included?:
- service of a professional private city guide in chosen language for up to 2,5 hours walking sightseeing tour of Lublin Old Town
This private tour is available in following languages:
English, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian and others
*some languages may be subject to availability and prices can vary