Olsztyn: Great Masurian Lakes tour
The Masurian Lake District of Poland is probably one of the most picturesque regions in the whole country. Rich history, incredibly beautiful landscapes (often still wild, untouched by human hand) make the land of the Great Masurian Lakes absolutely unique. It is difficult to see all the places in just one day, but if you want to see the most important sites of this region and feel its amazing atmosphere, this tour will be perfect for you. Visit Gizycko and Mikolajki with us, two charming towns and lake resorts considered to be Polish summer capitals. Join the cruise on Niegocin Lake with our guide and feel the most wonderful and unforgettable vibes of Masuria.
We offer private, full day tours to Great Masurian Lakes from Olsztyn on request.
- hotel pick up at chosen time
- approx. 1 hour and 45 min drive from Olsztyn to Gizycko by private car/van with English speaking driver,
- up to 2 hours of walking sightseeing tour of Gizycko with private local guide in chosen language, during which you will be able to see:
- Boyen Fortress, the most famous monument in the city, making the greatest impression on visitors; built in the middle of 19th century by order of Prussian King; the shape of the fortress resembles a star; the whole building is surrounded by an earth embankment, a wall, and a moat (up to 1 hour visit inside)
- swing bridge – unique technical monument, built in 1860 to ensure easy land connection with the Boyen Fortress,
- new port – modern passenger port called Ekomarina; a perfect vantage point, tourist service center and a popular meeting place,
- Water Tower (Wasserturm), nowadays a cafe with beautiful views is located here,
4. up to 1 hour of free time for lunch
5. approx. 1,5 hour cruise on Niegocin Lake accompanied by your private, local guide in chosen language.
Niegocin is the third largest Polish lake. Excellent winds makes the lake a true sailing paradise. A cruise by the so-called “white fleet” of the Masurian Shipping on Lake Niegocin with a circumnavigation of the legendary Island of Love takes around 1,5 hour. During the cruise, you will have an opportunity to admire the beauty of the local nature and listen to some interesting stories of the region.
6. meeting your driver again and up to 45 minutes drive from Gizycko to Mikolajki through the beautiful scenic road along the shores of Lake Niegocin and Lake Jagodne.
7. approx. 1 hour of free time on your own in Mikolajki, during which you will be able to see one of the most famous sailing bases in Poland. We recommend a short walk along the promenade to see local marina and the port.
8. up to 1,5 hour drive back from Mikolajki to Olsztyn,
9. your hotel drop off in Olsztyn
Whole tour lasts up to 10 hours
- 1450 PLN per person (1 person)
- 750 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 540 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 480 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 400 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 350 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 320 PLN per person (7 persons)
- Contact us (8 persons or more)
What is included?:
- hotel pick up at chosen time and drop off after the tour,
- private transportation by comfortable car / minivan,
- service of private English speaking driver during whole tour,
- up to 2 hours of walking sightseeing tour of Gizycko with private guide in chosen language,
- entrance tickets to the Boyen Fortress,
- approx. 1 hour of free time in Gizycko,
- tickets for the cruise on Lake Niegocin accompanied by private guide in chosen language,
- approx. 1 hour of free time in Mikolajki.
This private tour is available in following languages:
English, German, French, Russian.
*some languages may be subject to availability and prices can vary