Olsztyn: Tour to Frombork
Frombork is a beautiful small town picturesquely situated by the Vistula Lagoon which is part of the Baltic Sea. It is internationally known as a place related with the life and work of world famous astronomer Mikolaj Kopernik (Nicolaus Copernicus) who was the first scientist who proved that Earth goes round the Sun. Let us show you all highlights of Frombork including the 14th century, magnificent Brick Gothic Cathedral, Bishop’s Palace Museum and Planetarium.
We offer private full day tours to Frombork from Olsztyn on request.
- hotel pick up at chosen time
- up to 2 hours drive from Olsztyn to Frombork by private car/van with English speaking driver,
- up to 3 hours of walking sightseeing tour of Frombork with private local guide in chosen language, during which you will be able to see:
- the Cathedral Hill, one of the highest class monuments, a Middle Ages historical site; it attracts people from all over the world; closely related with the figure of Nicolaus Copernicus. Sightseeing of the complex includes:
- Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Andrew in Frombork – originally constructed between 1329-1388, a Roman Catholic church, one of Poland’s official national Historic Monuments, Nicolaus Copernicus worked here as a canon
- Museum of Mikolaj Kopernik in former Bishop’s Palace – situated in the south-eastern corner of the Cathedral Hill, a gothic-baroque building holding the main exposition halls of the Museum (the permanent exhibitions are: Frombork’s stained glass windows, Nicolaus Copernicus – life and work, Astronomy in navigation and geodesy and more)
- The Copernicus’ Tower – probably the oldest element of the fortifications, the tower was a property of Copernicus between 1504 – 1543,
- The Belfry – known as the Radziejowski’s Tower, the tallest building on the Cathedral Hill, Planetarium with Foucault’s pendulum and observation deck are located here,
- Southern Gate – part of the fortifications, built in the 14th century.
other important sites of Frombork:
- Saint Adalbert church – built in the 19th century in neo-Gothic style, designed by Fryderyk Stuller (Berlin’s architect),
- History Church of St. Nicholas – built in the end of 14th century as a Gothic, non-orientated, brick structure
- building of Former Hospital of the Holy Ghost (today Museum of Medicine)- hospital existed since the end of 15th century
4. approx. 1 hour of free time for lunch
5. up to 2 hours drive back from Frombork to Olsztyn
6. your hotel drop off in Olsztyn
Whole tour lasts up to 8 hours
- 1450 PLN per person (1 person)
- 740 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 510 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 460 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 380 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 330 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 290 PLN per person (7 persons)
- Contact us (8 persons or more)
What is included?:
- hotel pick up at chosen time and drop off after the tour,
- private transportation by comfortable car / minivan,
- service of private English speaking driver during whole tour,
- up to 3 hours of walking sightseeing tour of Frombork with private guide in chosen language,
- entrance tickets to the Bishops’ Palace Museum on the Cathedral Hill,
- entrance tickets to the Planetarium located in the Radziejowski’s Tower,
- approx. 1 hour of free time in Frombork.
This private tour is available in following languages:
English, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian.
*some languages may be subject to availability and prices can vary