Poznan: Miedzyrzecki Fortified Region Tour
If you would like to participate in an extreme, untypical experience, we encourage you to book with us one of the most interesting tours in western part of Poland. We will take you to the Miedzyrzecki Fortified Region which is located in the Lubuskie Province, near the small town of Miedzyrzecz. It is a system of fortifications built by German government in 1934-1944 to protect eastern border of the Third Reich. MFR consists of three sections differing in terms of the geographical characteristics of the surroundings and fortifications density. It is one of the largest fortification cellars in the world. What is worth knowing is that the underground of the central section of the MFR is currently a bat reserve. We guarantee that taking part in this tour will be an unforgettable experience.
We organize private tours to the Miedzyrzecki Fortified Region from Poznan on request
- hotel pick up at chosen time
- approx. 1,5 hour drive from Poznan to the Miedzyrzecki Fortified Region by private, comfortable car/van with our English speaking driver
- participating in the long version of the local sightseeing tour with a private guide in chosen language which lasts approx. 2,5 hours; length of the entire route is approximately 2,5 km underground. The tour begins with a lecture on the history of MFR. Then, along the path through the anti-tank barrier, popularly known as dragon’s teeth, you will go to the Pz.W 717 bunker. The object has been reconstructed, so visitors can imagine what it looked like during its operation. After that you will go down a 20-meter long shaft to the barracks complex 30 meters underground. In the barracks complex, tourists visit the storage rooms, engine room and crew rooms. The next step is to walk almost 900 meters along the corridor to one of the narrow-gauge railway stations. After seeing the whole thing, you go back partly through the same corridor, and then enter the next one. After almost 500 meters, the turnout goes to the next shelter 716a, while the trip goes to the barracks complex under the Pz.W. 716. Then we will go upstairs and come to the surface with this object. Return to the starting point is possible in two ways: on foot, along the dragon’s teeth path, or in the summertime, it is possible to travel by the BTR 152 armored transport.
- approx. 1,5 drive back from the Miedzyrzecki Fortified Region to Poznan
- drop off at your hotel in Poznan
Whole tour lasts up to 6 hours
- 1080 PLN per person (1 person)
- 550 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 450 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 380 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 340 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 290 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 250 PLN per person (7 persons)
- Contact us (8 persons or more)
What is included?
- hotel pick up and drop off after the tour
- private transportation by a comfortable, air-conditioned car/van both ways
- service of our private English-speaking driver during whole tour
- entrance tickets to the Museum of Miedzyrzecki Fortified Region
- service of a private, local guide inside the museum in chosen language
- participating in the private sightseeing tour which lasts 2,5 hours
This private tour is available in the following languages:
English, German and Russian
*Due to the duration of the visit and the conditions, we recommend that you prepare yourself properly. You can take your own flashlight with a spare battery, provisions, warm clothes and suitably comfortable and waterproof shoes due to the water lingering in the corridors.
**It is possible to choose different options of the tour – the short tour (1,5 h, available all year round) and the extreme version (3,6,8 hours) which is available between April and August. Please contact us if you prefer any of these options and we will send you our best possible price offer.