Wroclaw: Miedzyrzecki Fortified Region Tour
If you are a fan of visiting fortifications and military equipment used in the past, we would really encourage you to take part in the tour to the Miedzyrzecki Fortified Region which is one of the largest fortification cellars in the world. It is a system of fortifications built in 1934-1944 to protect the eastern border of the German Third Reich. It is considered to be one of the most interesting objects in Poland which contains 30 km of underground corridors connecting the above-ground facilities. Join us for this tour – we guarantee that this will be a very interesting and memorable experience.
We organize private tours to the Miedzyrzecki Fortified Region from Wroclaw on request
- hotel pick up at chosen time
- up to 3 hours drive from Wroclaw to the Miedzyrzecki Fortified Region by private, comfortable car/van with our English speaking driver
- participating in the long version of the local sightseeing tour with a private guide in chosen language which lasts approx. 2,5 hours;
The whole route is 2,5 km underground. It starts with a lecture of the history of MFR. Then, along the path through the anti-tank barrier, popularly known as dragon’s teeth, you will go to the Pz.W 717 bunker. The object has been reconstructed and thanks to that you can imagine what it looked like during its operation. After that, you will go down a 20-meter long shaft to the barracks complex 30 meters underground. In the barracks complex, it is possible to explore the storage rooms, engine and crew rooms. The next step is to walk almost 900 meters along the corridor to one of the narrow-gauge railway stations. Once you see this part you will go back partly through the same corridor, and then enter the next one. After almost 500 meters, the turnout goes to the next shelter 716a, while the trip goes to the barracks complex under the Pz.W. 716. Then we will go upstairs and come to the surface with this object. Return to the starting point is possible in two ways: on foot, along the dragon’s teeth path, or in the summertime, it is possible to travel by the BTR 152 armored transport.
4.approx. 45 min. of free time for lunch after sightseeing
5.up to 3 hours drive back from the Miedzyrzecki Fortified Region to Wroclaw
6.drop off at your hotel in Wroclaw
Whole tour lasts approximately 10 hours
- 1050 PLN per person (1 person)
- 550 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 400 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 360 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 300 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 270 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 250 PLN per person (7 persons)
- Contact us (8 persons or more)
What is included?
- hotel pick up and drop off after the tour
- private transportation by a comfortable, air-conditioned car/van both ways
- service of our private English-speaking driver during whole tour
- entrance tickets to the Museum of Miedzyrzecki Fortified Region
- service of a private, local guide inside the museum in chosen language
- participating in the private sightseeing tour which lasts 2,5 hours
This private tour is available in following languages:
English, German and Russian
*Due to the duration of the visit and the conditions, we recommend that you prepare yourself properly. You can take your own flashlight with a spare battery, provisions, warm clothes and suitably comfortable and waterproof shoes due to the water lingering in the corridors.
**It is possible to choose different options of the tour – the short tour (1,5 h, available all year round) and the extreme version (3,6,8 hours) which is available between April and August. Please contact us if you prefer any of these options and we will send you our best possible price offer.