Wroclaw: Moszna Castle Tour
If you like unique architecture, you should definitely visit one of the pearls of Opolskie Region – the Moszna Castle which is located not so far from Wroclaw. We are sure that Walt Disney or Harry Potter fans will be thrilled since it reminds Hogwart or one of the castles from a fairy tale. It was built in the 18th century as a Baroque palace. After a fire which broke out in 1896, the family which had been living here – the Tiele-Winckler family – renovated it and gave it a new shape. The eastern part is built in the neo-Gothic style and the west wing in the Neo-Renaissance style. It has 99 towers and 365 rooms inside. The castle luckily avoided destruction during World War 2. When the war ended in 1945, the Russian Soviet army troops occupied it. Unfortunately, most of the equipment inside was damaged, the works of art such as paintings and sculptures were taken away.
We offer private tours from Wroclaw to Moszna Castle on request.
- hotel pick up at chosen time,
- approx. 1 hour and 45 min drive from Wroclaw to Moszna Castle by private car/van with English speaking driver
- up to 1 hour guided tour with local private English speaking guide during which you will be able to see interiors of Moszna castle:
- impressive wooden stairs leading from the cafeteria to the higher floor,
- The Hall under the Peacock, formerly known as the hall of mirrors, a place where ladies were getting ready for the ball (nowadays mirrors are replaced by paintings),
- Former dining room and ballroom, a two-story hall with a marble plinth and a glass ceiling; currently, there is a painting gallery here,
- Library with a huge library wardrobes placed along the walls and original, wooden ceiling,
- Count’s office with priceless wooden stucco at the main entrance, beautiful stained glass windows, original desk, fireplace and several writing materials, including a portrait of Count Winckler
- Chapel, located on the lowest level of the castle (very winding staircase leads here).It’s a single-nave chapel with beautiful stained glass windows. Unfortunately, most of the equipment (including the precious organ) was stolen,
- Orangery, with different kinds of plants and the fountain.
4. 1 hour of free time after sightseeing. During the free time you can:
- take a walk through extensive park and take unusual photos of the castle,
- have a coffee or lunch in the palace restaurant,
- relax in the marvellous surrounding.
5. approx 1 hour and 45 min drive back from Moszna Castle to Wroclaw by the same vehicle and with the same driver
6. drop off at your hotel in Wroclaw
Whole tour lasts approx. 5,5 hours
- 850 PLN per person (1 person)
- 450 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 290 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 240 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 190 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 160 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 140 PLN per person (7 persons)
- Contact us (8 persons or more)
What is included?:
- pick up from your hotel at chosen time and drop off after the tour
- private transportation by comfortable, air-conditioned car/ minivan,
- English-speaking driver’s assistance,
- entrance tickets to the Moszna Castle