Zakopane: Oravsky Castle & Museum of the Orava Village
If you are currently staying in Zakopane and have time to visit Slovakia as well, we can take you to the Oravsky Castle which is one of the biggest attractions in the northern part of the country. It is beautifully situated above the Orava River on a natural, high rock formation and the way how it was built reminds an „Eagles Nest”.
From the beginning the castle was the property of Hungarian kings but in 1556 it was held to the Thurzo House. The family took care of the stronghold, modernized it and thanks to them the castle achieved the familiar look today. Recently, the castle complex consists the lower, medium and upper part, palaces, fortification and towers and what is interesting is that the upper part is the oldest one. You will have the chance to explore the underground corridors and many exhibitions located in the castle rooms. The interiors inside turned into the headquarters of the Oravski Museum. In 1800 there was a fire in the castle which caused severe damages that it was hard to believe that anything was still left after it. There was no interest in it for over a hundred years but luckily after World War II it has been restored and saved from total destruction. Today, it is recognized as one of the most beautiful medieval castles in Slovakia.
Afterwards, we will take for the second part of the tour – toward Zuberec and Brestova to show you a charming place – the open-air Museum of the Orava Village located in the surroundings of the Rohacze Mountains. The area has almost 20 hectares and is divided into five parts with 50 houses built in the typical folk style. The museum is available to visit all year round and in the high season many interesting events take place here – for example the international Podroháčsky Folk Festival every August.
- pick up from your hotel,
- private transport to the Oravsky Castle with an English-speaking driver,
- visiting the castle either with an English-speaking guide or app in your phone,
- transport to the open-air Museum of the the Orava Village in Zuberec,
- transport back to Zakopane,
- drop off at you hotel
- 1 person – 750 PLN
- 2 persons – 400 PLN / per person
- 3 persons – 350 PLN / per person
- 4 persons – 380 PLN / per person
- 5 persons – 250 PLN / per person
- 6 persons – 230 PLN / per person
- 7 persons – 210 PLN / per person
- 8 persons – contact us
The prices include:
- private transport,
- hotel pick up,
- entrance tickets to the Oravsky Castle and Orava Village open-air museum,
- an English-speaking drivers’ assistance