Krakow: Sleigh Ride in Chocholowska Valley in Tatra Mountains
If you are staying in Krakow during winter, we recommend an amazing trip to the mountains. Just a bit over 100 km from the city you can find a true winter wonderland and take part in a joyful sleigh ride in the picturesque surroundings of the Chocholowska Valley. The place is the longest valley in the Tatra Mountains and one of the most beautiful in Europe. Why don’t you see it with your own eyes? Sleigh ride is the most popular attraction during the winter season. In our 4-seater sleigh driven by horses you will forget the whole world and immerse in a fairytale atmosphere while dashing through pine trees and bushes covered with pure white snow. The ultimate nature, silence and peace that are to be found nowhere but the mountains.
Once the ride ends, there will be a chance to warm up by the bonfire and have a delicious feast with sausages, hot tea, bread and snacks. In the meantime, a highlanders band will play music and make your rest by the fire more pleasant. If you fancy, you can even dance to the cheerful music. Of course there will be time to make photos.
- Pick up from your hotel in Krakow at chosen time
- A drive of approx 2,5 hours to the venue with a private vehicle and a private English speaking driver
- Meeting with a local wagoner (30 minutes ahead of the planned start)
- Boarding of your 4-seater sleigh (shared with other guests)
- Approx. 1 hour of riding through the snowy valley
- Approx. 1 hour of a feast by bonfire with live music played by Highlanders’ band
- Drive back to your hotel of up to 3 hours after the event.
- Hotel drop off in Krakow
Whole activity with transportation lasts approx 8 hours
Our proposal for this activity includes:
- Private transportation to the venue and back
- Private English speaking driver’s service
- Approx. 1 hour of a group sleigh ride (shared, up to 4 persons in one sleigh)
- Approx. 1 hour feast by the bonfire after the ride with some sausages and tea
- Live music by traditional highlanders’ band
- Entrance to the Tatra National Park
- 990 PLN per person (1 person)
- 690 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 570 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 470 PLN per person (4-5 persons)
- 420 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 380 PLN per person (7 persons)
- 370 PLN per person (8 persons)
- Contact us (9 persons or more)
- The season starts approximately in December when there is enough snow and lasts until the end of the winter season – March / April.
- In case of insufficient amount of snow the activity can be cancelled
- In case of a group sleigh ride, it is possible to have the sleigh on your own by paying for empty seats – 60 PLN per seat
- Please note that the prices in the holiday season between December 26th – January 7th the prices will increase and there is limited availability.
- On your special request we can combine this activity with some free time in Zakopane or sightseeing tour of Zakopane