Warsaw: Polish Cuisine Tasting
Polish traditional cuisine has evolved over the centuries, taking some elements from the culinary traditions of many different ethnic groups that used to live here, especially Jews, Ukrainians, Russians and Lithuanians.
Typical meals may contain a lot of meat but taste delicious!
Our private guide can take you to a restaurant that specialises in Polish cuisine, with friendly people and delicious food. During aperitif you will get a shot of traditional Polish vodka and each participant will try a typical Polish cold vodka snack – a herring bite. Next, we will move on to a warm-up, “barszcz z uszkami” – beetroot soup with small dumplings and “zurek z kielbasa i jajkiem” – sour soup with egg and sausage will appear. After the soup it will be high time for the main dish: “schabowy z kapusta” – a pork breaded cutlet with cabbage and potatoes, some “pierogi” – dumplings served with 3 different traditional fillings – “ruskie” (with potatoes and cottage cheese), meat and cabbage with mushrooms. We will close the menu with a typical Polish dessert – “racuchy z jablkami” – pancakes with apples. Please do not worry, portions will be small, just perfect for tasting.
If you share our view that the best way to learn about the country is though its cuisine – you’re in a perfect position to book a service that will not only provide you with the top Polish dishes but also will allow you to hear about its history and origin.
- Meeting with your private guide at chosen time at your hotel or in the centre of Warsaw
- A short introduction to Polish cuisine
- Up to 1 hour of exclusive Polish cuisine tasting including a shots of vodkas, an appetizer, 2 soups, 2 main dishes and a dessert – all explained and supplemented with stories and anecdotes
- End of the event – either you stay longer on your own or our guide walks you back to your hotel/meeting point
Whole activity lasts approx. 1,5 hours
Our proposal for this activity includes:
- Service of a private English speaking guide
- Up to 1 hour of ultimate Polish cuisine tasting with explanations, stories and anecdotes
- A shots of traditional Polish vodka with a herring bite
- A variety of typical Polish dishes: “barszcz z uszkami” – beetroot soup with small dumplings , “zurek z kielbasa i jajkiem” – sour soup with egg and sausage , “schabowy z kapusta” – a pork breaded cutlet with cabbage and potatoes, “pierogi” – dumplings served with 3 different traditional fillings – “ruskie” (with potatoes and cottage cheese), meat and cabbage with mushrooms and “racuchy z jablkami” – pancakes with apples
- 630 PLN per person (1 person)
- 370 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 280 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 240 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 220 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 210 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 200 PLN per person (7 persons)
- 190 PLN per person (8 persons)
- 180 PLN per person (9-10 persons)
- 170 PLN per person (11-15 persons)
- 160 PLN per person (16-19 persons)
- Contact us (20 persons or more)
- For participants under 18 we will skip the vodka shot
- For vegetarians we can skip the meat elements but the price will remain the same
- No vegan variants available
Choose number of participants