Aesthetic medical treatments in Poland
There are several areas of medicine that are most popular among foreign patients in Poland. Aesthetic medical services and plastic surgery treatments are performed by highly respected Polish specialists. They are most likely to undergo breast augmentation surgery, rhinoplasty, liposuction, buttock modeling and face lifting such as shaping the lips, lifting drooping eyelids or correcting the contour of the face. Over the last years, a lot has changed in aesthetic medicine, not only in terms of devices, substances used, techniques of operation, but also perceiving it as an effective tool to fight the aging of the skin and the entire body. Today, this field is not only a temporary beautifying effect. It is part of the vast majority of preventive measures to delay aging.
Why should you come to Poland for these kinds of treatments?
In Poland, there is a wide variety of treatments which you can do at very reasonable prices compared to other countries in the UE. They are characterized by a high technological level and an experienced, specialist medical personnel.
In the last few years, the most popular treatments were:
- Treatments with hyaluronic acid
- Laser scar removal
- Botox filling
Botulinum toxin has been used for years to smooth out wrinkles on the forehead and around the eyes. By blocking the transmission of nerve impulses responsible for contraction in the facial muscles, the muscles in the face lose their ability to contract. As a result, the skin cannot wrinkle, it relaxes and the wrinkles do not deepen. The real breakthrough of recent years is the use of this substance to lift the corners of the mouth and to eliminate smoker’s wrinkles. Botox has recently also been used to smooth out wrinkles on the neck and décolleté. This treatment gives a quick effect, does not require anesthesia or convalescence. Botox blocks small parts of the skin, so the rest of the muscles can function normally and the face doesn’t look unnatural.
What does this treatment look like?
This treatment consists of blocking nerve impulses that lead to muscle contractions, responsible for e.g. for the formation of wrinkles. Filling them with Botox is limited to introducing the substance under the skin using a thin needle.
- First, the doctor degreases the facial skin and disinfects it.
- Then the skin is anesthetized by cooling it with ice. This method is enough because the procedure is painless.
- The preparation is injected in places in the area of the forehead and crow’s feet.
- After the treatment, the skin is cooled with ice again and then lubricated with vitamin K ointment, which prevents bruising.
- For the next few hours, you shouldn’t massage your face, bend over and lie down – botox could flow to other parts of the face. By following these recommendations, we will minimize the likelihood of complications following the procedure.
The use of botox Botulinum toxin is mainly used for:
- removing wrinkles on the forehead and neck
- eliminating crow’s feet
- lifting the drooping corners of the mouth
How long does it last?
Botox injection takes only several minutes. However, to see the effects, you have to wait even a few days
Does it hurt?
The procedure is practically painless and does not limit the patient’s normal activity in any way.
How long do the effects last?
The effects last for about 4-6 months. The effect of botox is limited in time, so the effects of the treatment are reversible. It requires repetition, but once “ironed out wrinkles” never return to the state before the treatment. Botox gives them time to regenerate.
Contraindications to the use of botox:
pregnancy, breast-feeding, period, neurological diseases causing muscle weakness, acne, problems with blood clotting, use of certain medications,hypersensitivity to the ingredients of the preparation
- depends on the certain treatment
- average price for botox filling is around 500-1000 PLN
How can we help?
It is possible to make a reservation for this treatment in any bigger city in Poland. If you would be interested in this service, we will be glad to help you find the right, well-qualified, English-speaking specialist who will provide you with chosen aesthetic medical service. We can also help you with:
- booking accommodation located nearby the clinic
- arranging private airport transfers with English speaking driver
- organizing private transfers or assistance of our local English speaking employee to help you get from your hotel/apartment to the clinic
- arranging any chosen city tour, activity or excursion during your stay in any bigger city in Poland – our agency has a widest choice of those kinds of services in Poland
- booking entrance tickets to the museums, entertainment shows etc
- booking tables in recommended restaurants
Cities in which you can book this treatment:
Warsaw, Krakow, Katowice, Gdansk, Wroclaw, Poznan, Lublin, Szczecin, Lodz, Rzeszow, Olsztyn, Bydgoszcz, Torun, Zakopane etc.