Zywiec tours and sightseeing
Zywiec is a district town, 23 kilometres south-east of Bielsko-Biala, known for its brewery established in 1856 by the Habsburgs and today the biggest works in the town. Zywiec lies on the Sola River in the middle of the Zywiec Basin surrounded by the Beskid Maly, Slaski and Zywiecki ranges. Zywiec was first documented in the 14th century, following the construction of the Old Castle in the mid-14th century. The castle has undergone several restorations and boasts a number of styles of architecture and decoration, including Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque. Zywiec’s Old Castle is encompassed by a 260,000 square metre landscape park, which was established in itially in the 17th century. The town also houses the Zywiec Brewery, built by the Habsburg dynasty in 1852, and purchased by Heineken International in the 1990s. A museum was founded at the site in 2006. Every January at Zywiec takes place “Zywieckie Gody” – a festival of Christmas carol and folk ceremony song ensembles. In July/August the Beskid Culture Week is organized, which also includes the International Folk Meetings and the Festival of Polish Highland Folklore.
If you are going to spend some time in Zywiec you will need to book your hotel and we encourage you to do it by using our hotel search panel on our website where you will find widest choice of hotels in Zywiec and best rates.
We can also offer you many tours and activities like:
- skiing/snowboarding lessons with professional instructors
- hiking trip to the surrounding Beskid Mountains
- car trip around the lakes of the Kaskada Soly waterfalls
- sightseeing the Museum of Zywiec Brewery
- tour to Zar Mountain – a popular ski and snowboard place with the 1600 metre long ski run. There is a Zar Funicular Railway. The landscape stretching away from the Zar Mountain is a unique attraction of the area. Here you can admire an excellent view of the whole Sola river gorge through the Beskid Maly mountain range with a panorama of the Beskids.
- tour to Bielsko-Biala
- tour to Krakow
Please contact us for more details.