Zakopane: Sleigh Ride
Would you like to make your holiday in Zakopane more special and memorable? You should take part in a joyful sleigh ride in the picturesque surroundings of the Chochołowska Valley which is the longest in the Tatra Mountains and one of the most beautiful in Europe. This is the most popular attraction during the winter season. Sleigh rides here are an exciting adventure during which you will be able to cherish the mountain climate and silence, the wonderful scenery and stars in the sky as soon as it gets dark. There will be plenty of high trees and bushes covered with pure white snow, no cars, lanterns or city noise. Thanks to that you will feel like being in a real winter wonderland from a story tale. Once the ride ends, there will be a chance to warm up by the bonfire and have a delicious feast with polish „bigos” (cabbage with meat and mushrooms), sausages, hot tea, bread and snacks. In the meantime, a highlanders band will play music and make your rest by the fire more pleasant.
- Pick up from your hotel in Zakopane around 1 hour. before the sleigh ride starts
- An approx 20 minutes drive to the venue with a group
- Meeting with a local wagoner (30 minutes ahead of the planned start)
- Boarding of your 4-seater sleigh
- Approx. 1 hour of riding through the snowy valley
- Approx. 1 hour of a feast by bonfire with live music played by Highlanders’ band
- An appox 30 min. drive back to your hotel after the event
- Hotel drop off in Zakopane
Whole activity with transportation lasts approx 3 hours
Price: 220 PLN per person
Our proposal for this activity includes:
- transportation to the venue and back
- English speaking driver’s assistance
- Approx. 1 hour of a group sleigh ride (shared, up to 4 persons in one sleigh); in the meantime there will be stops to make photographs
- Approx. 1 hour feast by the bonfire after the ride which will include: Hunter’s stew, sausage, a chunk of bread with Gazda’s lard, mulled wine, highlander tea and regular tea, bread, cucumbers, ketchup, mustard
- Live music by traditional highlanders’ band
- Entrance tickets to the Tatra National Park
- The season starts approximately in December when there is enough snow and lasts until the end of the winter season – March / April.
- In case of insufficient amount of snow the activity can be cancelled
- In the case of a group of 3 (or 7, etc.) there is a surcharge for an empty seat in a sleigh: 60 PLN
- Please note that in the holiday season between December 26th – January 7th there is limited availability.
- On your special request we can combine this activity with a sightseeing tour of Zakopane