Zakopane: Tour to Slovakia
Even though Slovakia is a small country, it definitely has many attractions to see. If you have already visited Zakopane and would like to continue exploring the beautiful region of the Tatra Mountains, this tour will be definitely a good idea. We will take you to the most popular and charming places where you can cherish spending time in silence, among green scenery and nature. There will be time to stop, take a breath and admire the picturesque surroundings.
During the tour you will see:
At first, we will take you to a newly opened treetop path in the Bachledowa Valley on the border of the Pieniny and Tatra National Park in Slovakia which is 32 meters high. Once we reach the point, you will have a short cable car ride up to where the attraction is located. We are sure that you will enjoy this special walk high above the trees with remarkable views of the mountains around you and among unique species of plants, trees and animals. The path is also an educational route on which you will pass information plates containing facts about the local flora and fauna. Do not forget to take a picture of the panorama of the Tatra Mountains!
This will not be the end of the dose of great views. The next stop of the tour will be Strbske Pleso, one of the biggest lakes in the Tatra Mountains. It lays on 1346 m above the sea level and reminds the famous Polish lake – Morskie Oko which is a also a must-see while being in this region. It a good starting point if you would like to climb the highest peaks of these mountains, a popular skiing resort during winter and a climatic health resort. Once you finish walking around the lake, there will be time to have something to eat in one of the restaurants here.
The last point of our trip will be the Spissky Hrad Castle. This is one of the biggest complexes in Central Europe which has been noted on the list of UNESCO in 1993. The history of the castle starts in the 12th century. Luckily, it was not destroyed like most other castles nearby in the past and even though a fire broke out in the XVIII century, today it is one of the most popular places visited in the whole country. Thanks to conservation works in the XX century, nowadays you can explore the chambers, have a look at the exhibitions which help you imagine how life used to look like in the past. The collection belongs to the Spissky Museum which is in the chambers of the castle. You cannot miss the wonderful view from the top the hill, we guarantee that you will be thrilled!
- pick up from your hotel in Zakopane in the morning,
- transfer to the Bachledova Valley (around 1 hour)
- Cable car ride to Magura Spiska (5 min)
- walk through the route in the treetops (around 45min- 1 hour + time to take pictures)
- cable car ride down to the parking (5min)
- drive to Strbskie Pleso (45 min)
- walk around the lake (free time & lunch, around 1,5h)
- transfer to the Spiskky Hrad Castle (50 min)
- visiting the castle (up to 2 hours)
- transport back to Zakopane (2 hours)
Duration: 9 hours
- 1 person – 1080 PLN
- 2 persons – 650 PLN per person
- 3 persons – 530 PLN per person
- 4 persons – 450 PLN per person
- 5 persons – 420 PLN per person
- 6 persons – 380 PLN per person
- 7 persons – 350 PLN per person
- 8 persons – 330 PLN per person
The prices include:
- pick up from your hotel,
- private transport,
- an English-speaking driver assistance,
- ticket for the cable car at the Bachledowa Valley (up and down),
- ticket for the walk on the treetop path,
- entrance tickets to the Spissky Hrad Castle,
- drop off at your hotel