Gdansk Sightseeing in Kayak
Over 1000 years ago the region between the Baltic Sea, the Motlawa river and Kashubian hills was chosen for the location of Gdansk. People used these swampy areas for both transport and city defense. At the turn of the 16th and 17th centuries the unique fortifications with enormous strongholds and a double moat were raised here. Today, the debris of those fortifications can be seen and circumnavigated.
We invite you to take an extraordinary trip along the Motlawa Canal that will take you around two islands of Gdansk: Granary Island and Olowianka Island.
We start and finish our tour at the same point in the area of Gdansk imperial shipyard. You will have a unique chance to see all the city’s highlights from a brand new perspective – among others the historical shipyards, ports, the old town, granaries, remains of the Teutonic castle, the Crane, the ship-museum “Soldek”, stone sluice and many more.
If you choose this activity you’ll get into a kayak and our English speaking city tourist guide will acquaint you with the history of Gdansk from the Motlawa river within 2,5 hours. Once you start the tour, you will never regret it!
- Meeting with your private guide at chosen time in a meeting point on Doki 1 str. in Gdansk (on your special request we can also provide private transportation service from/to your hotel)
- Boarding of the kayaks, short safety instruction
- Up to 2,5 hours of unforgettable kayak sightseeing experience (start in the area of Gdansk imperial shipyard, passing the ports, the old town, the loop around the Olowianka island and the Granary island, later next to the remains of the Teutonic castle, the Crane, the ship-museum “Soldek” and return to the shipyard area)
- End of the event
Whole activity lasts approx. 2,5 hours
Our proposal for this activity includes:
- Service of a local private English-speaking guide
- Necessary equipment rental (double kayaks, paddles, life vests, sealed bags)
- Up to 2,5 hours of a fantastic tour of Gdansk as seen from the Motlava river
- 950 PLN per person (1 person)
- 500 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 350 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 280 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 240 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 210 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 200 PLN per person (7-8 persons)
- 190 PLN per person (9-15 persons)
- Contact us (16 persons or more)
- We recommend wearing comfortable clothes and sports shoes
- All participants should be able to swim and be in a good physical condition
- The weight limit is 110 kg per person
- It is advised to bring some spare clothes in case you get wet
- The tour can start at a chosen time and requires booking in advance
- All participants will be given sealed waterproof bags to protect their valuables