Warsaw: Communism Tour
The communist regime in Poland was not the result of free choice of citizens, but was imposed by force by Russian Soviet authorities when Poland lost its sovereignty and found itself under Stalin’s influence after World War 2. Communists taking over power in individual regions of the country “cleared” the area from former Home Army soldiers – Polish underground army and resistance movement in Poland. This tour allows you to explore Warsaw much deeper and visit the best preserved sites in the city related with communism era in Poland.
We offer private Communism tours of Warsaw on request
- hotel pick up at chosen time
- partially driving and partially walking tour of up to 4 hours total during which we will show you:
- Constitution Square – flagship investment of the period of socialist realism (1949–1956) in Warsaw.
- Grand Hotel – built in 1954-1957 as an integral part of the planned government district.
- Ministry of Agriculture – built in 1951-1955, on the front of the building there are giant, two-row colonnades, which make an amazing impression. This is one of the most interesting buildings from this period.
- Dom Partii building (the Party’s House) – another flagship building of socialism, for almost 40 years it was associated by Poles with the strength of the nation.
- Palace of Culture and Science – in the past known as the Joseph Stalin Palace of Culture and Science. We will take you by the lift up to the 30th floor (out of the total 42) to the viewing terrace at the height of 114 meters above the ground from where you will have amazing panoramic view of the city.
- Za Zelazna Brama (Behind the Iron Gate) – the communist era housing estate, one of the biggest conceptions of Le Corbusier realized in Europe. It consists of 19 apartment blocks.
- Muranow District – place of the former ghetto, typical architecture and urban layout of the 50’s.
- Praga district – we will show you there a lot of socialist-realism style buildings.
3. hotel drop off
Whole tour lasts up to 4 hours
- 790 PLN total (1-2 persons)
- 320 PLN per person (3-5 persons)
- Contact us (6 persons or more)
What is included?:
- hotel pick up at chosen time and hotel drop off,
- comfortable, air-conditioned, private transportation
- professional private city guide service,
- approx. 4 hours of guided sightseeing tour
- entrance tickets to Palace of Culture and Science (viewing terrace on 30th floor)
This private tour is available in following languages:
English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Russian, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Chinese and others
*some languages may be subject of availability and prices can vary