Gdansk: Kashubian Land Tour
Every region in Poland is unique and special but the Land of Kashubia is often called “little Switzerland” with its idyllic landscape. This is the home of the ethnic group called the Kashubians which even has its own language/dialect, flag, folk clothing and rich tradition. During this tour we will show you chosen places of this beautiful region of Poland which we believe are the most impressive examples of wild nature with numerous lakes, rivers, forests and moraine hills and examples of local folk culture with picturesque villages and their architecture. This unique tour combines breathtaking views of amazing nature of Kashubian Landscape Park with cultural heritage of this area and it is definitely one of the most interesting tours that you can book while staying in Gdansk.
We offer private Kashubian Land tours from Gdansk on request.
- hotel pick up at chosen time
- up to 1,5 hour drive west from Gdansk to the nature reserve Kurze Grzedy, also called a “magical lake”
- visiting the Kurze Grzedy Reserve for around 2 hours, the walking route is easy and it is 7,5 km long – this is a peat-fauna nature reserve in the Kashubian Lake District established in 1957, with an area of 170.7 ha in the Kashubian Landscape Park; here are sites of numerous plant species which are under strict protection; the reserve is a refuge for birds of prey and also a breeding place for the crane; here you will see:
- the Great Lake,
- three dystrophic smaller lakes,
- an extensive high peat bog,
- surrounding forests
4. approx 30 min. drive from Kurze Grzedy Reserve to Chmielno
5. visiting Chmielno for up to 30 minutes – a picturesque village famous for pottery craftsmanship; situated between the Biale and Klodno lakes, is a very old settlement; archaeologists date its origins to the 7th – 9th century; today Chmielno is called the Kashubian Saint-Tropez which combines beautiful nature with hotel resorts and guesthouses
6. up to 1 hour lunch break in Chmielno
7. approx. 20 min. drive from Chmielno to Wiezyca observation tower
8. up to 30 minutes to climb up the tower and admire the view from its top. Wiezyca is the postglacial moraine hill, 329 metres above sea level,; the highest hill in Polish lake districts and the entire Polish Lowland; legends say that it was once a place of worship of the ancient Slavs; once you climb the 182 steps, you will see a beautiful view of Kashubian forests and lakes
9. short drive to Szymbark (located only 2 km from Wiezyca)
10. visiting Szymbark for up to 1,5 hours – a small village in the heart of Kashubia located deep in a forest; here you will visit the Education and Region Promotion Centre where you will have a chance to familiarize with the history, culture and language of this region; you will also see traditional Kashubian cottages, houses as well as the longest plank in the world and probably most spectacular thing – an Upside-down House
11. up to 1 hour drive back from Szymbark to Gdansk
12. drop off at your hotel in Gdansk
Whole tour lasts approx 9 hours.
This private tour is available in following languages:
English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Russian and others
*some languages may be subject of availability and prices can vary
- 1200 PLN per person (1 person)
- 650 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 470 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 410 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 360 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 320 PLN per person (6 persons)
- Contact us (7 persons or more)
What is included?
- hotel pick up at chosen time and hotel drop off,
- comfortable, air-conditioned, private transportation
- professional private guide service in chosen language during whole tour
- entrance tickets to Szymbark Education and Region Promotion Centre
- entrance tickets to the observation tower on top of Wiezyca hill
Choose number of participants
You might also like
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Very well guided! Would recommend.
Very well organised trip. Guides were good speaking English and well knowledged.