Krakow: Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour
The Wieliczka salt mine is one of the oldest mines in the world. It has been working constantly since the 13th century. Since 1978 it is part of the UNESCO World Culture and National Heritage list. The tourist route open for visitors reaches 135 meters below the surface and connects three levels. Apart from the Tourist Route, the underground passages and chambers house the Krakow Salt-Works Museum, which is one of the largest mining-related museums in Europe. Visitors can admire the museum’s collection both underground at level 3 of the salt mine and in the Salt-Works Castle.
On our tour you will see:
- Unique chambers with visible traces of the actual exploitation preserved with a collection of mining machines and equipment
- Chapels with one of a kind salt sculptures and bas-relief: with the world’s most stunmning Chapel of St. Kinga, located 101 meters under the groud
- salt lakes
We organize regular (group tours) and private tours on request
Regular (group) tour:
We can pick you up from your hotel in Krakow between 9:50-10:20 a.m. depending on your hotel’s location.
Tour lasts approx 4 hours including 2,5 hours of sightseeing inside the Salt Mine with local English speaking guide.
Price: 170 PLN per person
*entrance tickets to Wieliczka Salt Mine are included
On your special request we can organize private tour just for you. We can provide private English speaking driver and a car to take you to Wieliczka Salt Mine. Our driver can pick you up from your hotel at chosen time. Inside the mine you join a local group tour with English speaking guide.
Whole tour lasts approx 4 hours including 2,5 hours of sightseeing inside the Salt Mine with local English speaking guide.
- 480 PLN per person (1 person)
- 290 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 230 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 210 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 190 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 180 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 170 PLN per person (7 persons)
- Contact us (8 persons or more)
*entrance tickets for the guided tour inside Wieliczka Salt Mine are included in price
We can also arrange tours with private guides in Wieliczka on your special request – for more details, please contact us.
Private tours in: Spanish, German, French, Italian available on request
You might also like...
What temperature is inside the mine ?
The temperature in the Wieliczka Salt Mine, though constant is low (14C or 57F). That is why even in summer, warm clothes should be worn
Can I go inside without the guide ?
No, It's not possible to visit the mine without the guide
Before you go to Wieliczka Salt Mine you need to know.
1. During the tour you will have to take around 800 steps so don’t forget to take comfortable shoes with you. The route can be slippery – watch your steps carefully.
2. Keep in mind that the temperature inside the mine can be very low. During the summertime the temperature amplitude it’s even bigger, so take care of yourself and take a coat with you. 3. There is the touristic route in Wieliczka Salt Mine adjusted for wheelchairs, but please let us know while booking, if you need the wheelchair assistance.