Krakow: Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour
The Wieliczka Salt Mine is one of the oldest mines in the world. It has been working constantly since the 13th century. Since 1978 it is part of the UNESCO World Culture and National Heritage list. The tourist route open for visitors reaches 135 meters below the surface and connects three levels. Apart from the Tourist Route, the underground passages and chambers house the Krakow Salt-Works Museum, which is one of the largest mining-related museums in Europe. Visitors can admire the museum’s collection both underground at level 3 of the salt mine and in the Salt-Works Castle.
During the tour you will see:
- Unique chambers with visible traces of the actual exploitation preserved with a collection of mining machines and equipment
- Chapels with one of a kind salt sculptures and bas-relief: with the world’s most stunmning Chapel of St. Kinga, located 101 meters under the groud
- salt lakes
- approx 12:30 p.m. pick up from your hotel (exact time depends on location of your hotel)
- approx 45 minutes drive from Krakow to Wieliczka Salt Mine
- beginning of your guided sightseeing tour along the tourist route with professional guide in your chosen language that lasts up to 2,5 hours
- driving back to Krakow with the same vehicle and English speaking driver/tour-leader
- drop off at your hotel in Krakow
Whole tour lasts approx 4,5 hours
*Although visiting Salt Mine does not require any special physical effort and it accessible for everyone who is in around average health condition, it is important to have in mind that there are more than 800 steps to climb during this sightseeing tour inside the mine
We offer regular group tours to Wieliczka Salt Mine from Krakow and also private tours on request
Regular group tour is available every day at 12:30 p.m.
Languages of guided group tour inside the mine you can choose from: English, Spanish, Italian, Polish
- 220 PLN per person (English, Spanish, Italian)
- 200 PLN per person (Polish)
What is included?
- hotel pick up and drop off
- transport by high quality, comfortable, air-conditioned minivan or minibus
- English speaking driver’s or tour-leader’s assistance along the way from Krakow to Wieliczka Salt Mine and back
- entrance tickets to the mine
- guided group sightseeing tour inside the mine in chosen language (English, Spanish, Italian or Polish)
Private tour is available every day and you can choose exact time of your hotel pick up according to availability of entrance tickets and language of sightseeing group tour inside the mine
Languages of guided group tour inside the mine you can choose from in case of private tour: English, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russian, French, German
- 490 PLN per person (1 person)
- 310 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 270 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 250 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 230 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 220 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 210 PLN per person (7 persons)
- Contact us (8 persons or more)
*Prices in case of choosing Polish language version of guided tour are 30 PLN per person lower than above
What is included?
- hotel pick up and drop off at chosen time
- private transportation by high quality, comfortable, air-conditioned minivan or minibus
- private English speaking driver’s or tour-leader’s assistance along the way from Krakow to Wieliczka Salt Mine and back
- entrance tickets to the mine
- guided group sightseeing tour inside the mine in chosen language (English, Spanish, Italian,Polish, German, French or Russian)
*For organized groups we can also provide service of private local guide inside the salt mine for the sightseeing visit along tourist route – prices on request
Due to frequent problems with availability of entrance tickets and guides in Wieliczka Salt Mine, please book your tour as early as possible before your planned visit so we can make all necessary arrangements for you.
Choose number of participants
You might also like
What temperature is inside the mine ?
The temperature in the Wieliczka Salt Mine, though constant is low (14C or 57F). That is why even in summer, warm clothes should be worn
Can I go inside without the guide ?
No, It's not possible to visit the mine without the guide
Before you go to Wieliczka Salt Mine you need to know.
1. During the tour you will have to take around 800 steps so don’t forget to take comfortable shoes with you. The route can be slippery – watch your steps carefully.
2. Keep in mind that the temperature inside the mine can be very low. During the summertime the temperature amplitude it’s even bigger, so take care of yourself and take a coat with you. 3. There is the touristic route in Wieliczka Salt Mine adjusted for wheelchairs, but please let us know while booking, if you need the wheelchair assistance.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
A very beautiful tour and very different from other activities. Since you enter a mine, 130 meters below ground, you see how they worked, you see sculptures and engravings in salt, you see lamps made of salt crystals.
Really cool and friendly guide.
Great tour guide. Transportation was excellent. Brilliant tour.