Bialystok: Bison Safari Tour
Would you like to participate in a memorable tour and spend time in the natural habitat of wild animals? Join us for a meeting with the king of the Bialowieza Forest – the European bison. Today, more than 2,000 individuals of this species live in the wild on the terrain of Poland but it is not so easy to meet them. We guarantee that it will be an extraordinary experience. Each of these meetings are different and unique. Local guides usually call these beautiful creatures ghosts. Why? Despite the size of their body, they can move fast and quietly. Besides the bisons, it may be possible to also meet deers, boars, wolves and lynxes. During these trips, we will be accompanied by a wonderful bird concert especially in spring. This will be a trip to paradise for all nature lovers!
We organize private bison safari tours to Bialowieza Forest from Bialystok on request
- very early morning hotel pick up from your hotel,
- approx. 1,5 hour drive from Bialystok to Bialowieza Forest
- meeting with the private local guide in chosen language 1 hour before the sunrise (the exact hour depends on the season)
- 3 hours bison safari tour by car during which you will have the chance to observe foraging bisons and their social behavior; while observing the bison, you can get out of the car and walk in the forest (total maximum walking distance during whole tour will be 7 km) and take pictures of them. It all depends on the season of the year and your luck to meet the bisons. The route of the safari is about 50-120 km to travel, the guide looks for wild bisons and shares a lot of information about these animals during the tour
- around 45 min. of free time for late breakfast/lunch in Bialowieza (or on the way back to Bialystok)
- approx. 1,5 hour drive back to Bialystok
- drop off at your hotel
Whole tour lasts up to 7 hours
Since bisons are most active in the morning, expeditions to meet these wild animals always take place at dawn. It is necessary to meet 1 hour before the sunrise with the guide in Bialowieza. You will be travelling from Bialystok (up to 1,5 hour drive from Bialowieza), so in the summer season it will be very early (around 3:00 am).
- 1300 PLN per person (1 person)
- 680 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 460 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 380 PLN per person (4 persons)
- Contact us (5 persons or more)
What is included?:
- your hotel pick up in Bialystok and drop off after the tour
- private transportation by a comfortable, air-conditioned car/van with our English-speaking driver,
- service of a private, professional, local guide in chosen language with private vehicle for up to 3 hours safari tour
- entrance tickets to the Bialowieza National Park,
- rental of professional optical observation equipment,
- up to 45 min of free time for breakfast/lunch after the safari tour
*These tours are organized between August 15th – April 30th. We recommend wearing footwear in which you can walk on dew.
Bison Safari Tour is available in the following languages:
English, Italian, French and Spanish
*some languages may be subject to availability
- the bison, despite its large body weight, can move very quickly (up to 40 km / h) and agile (jumping over obstacles with a height of about 2 m) in the forest,
- the bison, not provoked by us, will quietly depart,
- the bison should not be approached at a distance shorter than 50 m,
- mothers with calves in the calving period (late May-July) and single males are particularly dangerous,
- due to the proximity of the border with Belarus, you must always have an identity card with you (it is most often controlled by the Polish border guard)
- in the forest, regardless of the weather, especially in summer, you should wear long pants and a long-sleeved shirt.
- in spring and summer, you should have anti-mosquito measures with you.
How to behave in the event of a meeting with a bison?
- seeing signs of the bison’s impatience (nervous tail twirling, digging the hooves in the ground, rolling around) as soon as possible, keeping calm, move away from the meeting place;
- when you are on foot – do not try to follow the bison, stand in a place where you will be less visible to the bison, do not make sudden movements
Choose number of participants
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.