Bialystok: Kayaking on Biebrza River
Join us on the picturesque canoe trail running through the Biebrza National Park, especially recommended for those seeking peace and silence. This is a journey into the world of wildlife in the biggest national park in the country. Biebrza is a lowland river that is unique on an European scale and is often called the “Polish Amazon”. Its calm stream blended into the beautiful landscape will allow you to admire the diverse world of flora and fauna and will provide an unforgettable experience. Canoeing down this river is a great form of relaxation and a chance to observe a wild nature. This is definitely an adventure that you should take part in.
We offer private trips on kayaks on Biebrza river from Bialystok on request.
- hotel pick up at chosen time
- approx 1 hour drive from Bialystok to the Biebrza National Park by private car/van with English speaking driver
- meeting with the local instructor – before setting off, the equipment will be assigned to each participant of the journey. You will receive kayaks, oars and vests. The route will also be discussed and it is obligatory that everyone has an admission ticket to the Biebrza National Park. Once everything is prepared, we will drive to the town of Sztabin, where the expedition begins.
- canoeing for up to 3 hours on your own (without an instructor); the canoe route: Sztabin – Czarniewo is 6 km long. We will be canoeing down a wild river in the heart of Biebrza National Park without any civilization until we reach the sign “Czarniewo” set on the river bank. On the way we will see the boundlessness of fields and meadows, and enjoy the undisturbed silence. Here we may have the chance to meet the greatest treasures of Polish nature. The park is home to many species of birds. We may have the opportunity to meet cranes, ducks, storks and rare species such as the endangered Aquatic Warbler, but also elks, otters, fishes, wolves and beavers.
- Once you reach the finish line in Czarniewo, the driver will pick you up with the equipment and take you back to Sztabin.
- approx. 1 hour drive back from the Biebrza National Park to your hotel in Bialystok.
- your hotel drop off in Bialystok
Whole tour lasts up to 6 hours
- 850 PLN per person (1 person)
- 450 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 320 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 280 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 240 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 220 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 210 PLN per person (7 persons)
- Contact us (8 persons or more)
What is included?:
- hotel pick up at chosen time and hotel drop off,
- comfortable, air-conditioned, private transportation
- English speaking driver’s assistance during whole day
- introduction by local instructor and short training before the activity
- rental of all necessary equipment
- entrance tickets to the Biebrza National Park
- approximately 3 hours of kayaking along the Biebrza River
*kayaking season lasts from April 1st until October 1st
Please note that there are no trees or shade on the route. We recommend that you take sunscreen and a hat during the summer.
It is also possible to participate in rafting on the Biebrza River. You can even rent the tract and spend the night on the Biebrza River if you wish. The tract can accommodate 7 people + the local guide from the Biebrza National Park. Please contact us for more details and prices.