Krakow: Ojcow National Park Tour
Krakow itself has so much to offer but if you have a free day to rest in an active way and cherish nature, we highly recommend visiting the closest national park in the suburbs – the Ojcow National Park. It is a great place to get away from the city which sometimes can be a bit tiring. It is counted among the Jurassic Landscape Parks and in intersected by the Eagles’ Nests Trail. Although it is the smallest one in the whole country, it does not mean that it is boring, there is much to see and and do here. The landscape is so unique thanks to many untypical rock forms created in the limestone during geological processes in the past and various species of flora.
During the tour you can see:
Club of Hercules – the most famous rock form in the whole park which has a peculiar shape.
You will visit the Pieskowa Skala Castle as well – one of the most beautifully situated knightly castles in Poland located high on a limestone rock as a Renaissance construction.
During your free time in Ojcow National Park you can see:
Once you stop in Ojcow National Park, you will also have the chance to visit the ruins of the medieval Casimirs’ the Great Castle, one of the main attractions of this area. Its a fortress also situated on a limestone hill surrounded by the beautiful landscapes of the park.
Close to the castle is another attraction to admire – the Krakow Gate. The legend says that once the pillars close, it will be the end of the world so most of the tourists put wooden sticks to slow down the process.
In the park there are 700 caves but only two of them are available for tourists – the Dark Cave which is actually very dark inside and the longest cave in the park – Lokieteks’ Cave. These points are a definately a must-see on the map while being here.
What you should know is that in Ojcow you can try the best local traditional meal served – the Ojcowski trout (smoked or grilled) which are farmed in ponds here since the 1930’s.
As you can see, size does not matter. The Ojcowski National Park may be the smallest but it is has many secrets, history and interesting legends to discover. Thanks to its charm you will like it for sure!
- pick up from your hotel in Krakow
- transport to Ojcow, around 40 minutes by van
- visiting the castle in Pieskowa Skała up to 1,5 hours
- stop by the Club of Hercules
- up to 2 hours of free time in Ojcow, possibility to visit the Ojcow Castle, the Krakow Gate, Lokieteks’ Cave and for trying the local meal – the breeded trouts in the local ponds
- transport back to Krakow – 40 minutes
- drop off at your hotel
Tour lasts approx 5-6 hours
We offer private tours with an English speaking-driver and pick you up from your hotel at chosen time.
- 650 PLN total (1-2 persons)
- 250 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 230 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 210 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 190 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 180 PLN per person (7 persons)
- Contact us (8 persons or more)
- transport by high quality air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking driver assistance
- entrance tickets to Castle in Pieskowa Skala
- free time in Ojcow National Park