Krakow: Zakopane & Dunajec River Rafting
If you are staying in Krakow and would like to have a break from intensive sightseeing in the city, we can take you for a tour which will definitely help you catch a breath and regenerate quickly. We will start with rafting on the Dunajec River in Sromowce Nizne located in the Pieniny National Park . This is one of the most popular attractions in the whole country. During the 15 km river route, you will have the chance to admire nature around, the magnificent views of the mountain surroundings with the famous points in this are – the „Three crowns”and „Sokolica”. This will be a great moment to cherish the area full of silence, pure nature and fresh air. The raft will be pleasant thanks to the company of the cheerful and humorous local rafters who usually share their best jokes or information about the region.
A compelling fact is that the Pieniny Mountains are one of the most fascinating geological phenomenons on the whole Earth.
Once the raft finishes in Szczawnica, our driver will pick you up and take you to the next point of the programme – Zakopane. On the way you will have a rest and as soon as you reach Zakopane you will have time for a meal and a cup of coffee. Zakopane is a place you must visit in Poland especially if you like hiking in high mountains, winter sports and the culture of highlanders. We recommend trying the local cuisine which is really tasty. The most famous delicacy here is „oscypek” which is traditional hard smoked cheese. It is produced either from goats or sheep milk and what is interesting is that it is a Polish regional product protected by the European Union law. You should try it with cranberry sauce – delicious!
After strolling down Krupowki – the main street in the city center of Zakopane – we will take you to the the Gubalowka Mountain where you can take the funicular ride up and have a wonderful walk along its rib to the Butorowy Wierch Mountain. If there are good weather conditions and visibility you will have a great view of the whole city and the Tatra mountains surrounding you. We guarantee that you will get back to Krakow relaxed and delighted with this experience.
- Pick up from your hotel or meeting point in Krakow
- Approx 2 hours and 20 minutes driving by air-conditioned vehicle to Sromowce Nizne located in the Pieniny National Park
- Traditional rafting on the Dunajec River – approx 2 hours
- Approx 1 hour and 30 minutes driving to Zakopane from Szczawnica
- up to 4 hours for exploring Zakopane
- transfer back to Krakow
*Please note that all times are approximate
Duration: a whole day tour
- 1 pax – 750 PLN
- 2 pax – 450 PLN per person
- 3 pax – 380 PLN per person
- 4 pax – 340 PLN per person
- 5 pax – 300 PLN per person
- 6 pax – 270 PLN per person
- 7 pax – 250 PLN per person
- 8 pax – 220 PLN per person
- pick up and drop off from your hotel in Krakow
- private transportation with english speaking driver
- an English-speaking driver assistance during the tour,
- tickets for the rafting tour in the Pieniny National Park
- tickets for the funicular ride to the Gubalowka Mountain.