Krakow: Lagiewniki Sanctuary Tour
Sanctuary of the Divine Mercy situated in southern Krakow district of Lagiewniki is one of the most popular pilgrimage destinations in Poland. In the Monastery of the Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy, lived and died Sister Faustyna Kowalska, propagator of the cult of Mercy. Today Sanctuary in Lagiewniki is one of the most visited shrines around the world! Shape of the temple resembles a boat and hides relics of Saint Faustyna Kowalska in lower part of the church. Lagiewniki Sanctuary was visited by Pope John Paul II twice during his pilgrimages to Poland in 1997 and 2002. Today visitors can admire monument to John Paul II in front of the main entrance to Sanctuary.
We offer private tours to Sanctuary of the Divine Mercy in Lagiewniki on request
- meeting our private guide in chosen language at your hotel at chosen time
- taking a tram to reach the Sanctuary of the Divine Mercy
- around 2 hours visit in the Sanctuary with our private guide during which you will see:
- Chapel of Saint Joseph – the place where everything began, in 1992 the chapel was raised to the rank of the Shrine of Divine Mercy. Inside you can see famous Image of Merciful Jesus.
- Basilica – built in 1999-2002, has 2 floors and can accommodate around 5,000 people, down floor is occupied by 5 chapels with the main one – chapel dedicated to Saint Faustina.
- Monument of Pope John Paul II – unveiled on May 27, 2006 during a pilgrimage to Poland of Pope Benedict XVI.
- Observation tower – is the highest viewpoint in Krakow (77 meters), from which you can see the Tatra Mountains with good visibility.
- John Paul II Center with altar and relics of John Paul II and Chapel of Reconciliation
4. journey back to your hotel by tram
*if your hotel in Krakow is located too far from tram stop or bus stop, we can provide private transportation by car/van – prices may vary then
Whole tour lasts up to 3 hours
- 500 PLN per person (1 person)
- 260 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 180 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 140 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 120 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 110 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 100 PLN per person (7 persons)
- Contact us (8 persons or more)
*on your special request we can also arrange private transportation by car for this tour
What is included?:
- hotel pick up at chosen time and hotel drop off,
- tram tickets from the centre of Krakow and back
- service of private guide in chosen language during whole tour,
- approx. 2 hours of sightseeing in Lagiewniki Sanctuary
- entrance tickets to Lagiewniki Sanctuary
We offer this private tour in many different languages including: English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese and others
*some languages may be subject of availability and prices can vary