Wroclaw: Poznan Tour
Poznan is the capital of the region called Greater Poland. It is widely recognized as one of the oldest cities in Poland. It is also the fifth-largest city in the whole country which today is not only an important business centre but also a very popular tourist destination. Main symbols of the city are renaissance Old Town with Main Market surrounded by townhouses with colourful facades and Ostrow Tumski Cathedral. Do not miss the great tourist attraction – the mechanical goats display which takes place every day at noon on the tower of the City Hall. Poznan is also a place with many regional customs such as Saint John’s Fair, local dialect and delicious, traditional Saint Martin’s croissants.
We offer private tours to Poznan from Wroclaw on request.
- early morning hotel pick up and transfer with our English speaking driver to the railway station in Wroclaw (exact time depends on train schedule),
- receiving 2nd class return tickets for economic standard fast train connection between Wroclaw and Poznan and assistance of our driver at the platform,
- comfortable journey by train on your own (approx. 2,5 hours),
- getting off the train in Poznan and meeting our local, private city guide in chosen language at the platform,
- up to 3 hours of guided Poznan Old Town walking tour with our private guide during which you will see:
- Cathedral Island (Ostrow Tumski), the oldest part of Poznan, an island embraced by the rivers Warta and Cybina,
- The Archcathedral Basilica of St. Peter and St. Paul with interiors and vaults; the oldest Polish cathedral, originally built in the second half of the 10th century,
- Royal and Ducal Graves, relics of the tombs – most likely the tombs of the first Polish rulers: Mieszko I and King Boleslaw Chrobry,
- Market Square with world famous colorful merchant’s houses with characteristic arcades, charming side streets, numerous museums, pubs etc.
- Renaissance Town Hall, dates back to the mid-sixteenth century, a masterpiece by Giovanni Battista Quadro of Lugano,
- the automatic clock of the Town Hall with the mechanical goats display at noon, you can’t miss this great tourist attraction of Poznan
- Parish Church of St. Stanislaus, one of the most magnificent Baroque churches in Poland,
- statue of John of Nepomuk, it guards against floods,
- Former Jesuit Church and College; the Jesuits came to Poznan in the 16th century, they built a monastery, a church and a school,
- Palace of Dzialynski Family, belonged to the prominent family – Dzialynski, a Baroque palace built in 1773 – 1776; (sightseeing only from outside),
- Guardhouse, the building of the municipal guard, which dates back to the 18th century (sightseeing from outside).
During the sightseeing you will also have a chance to taste St Martin’s Croissant. Our guide will introduce you to the story of this popular traditional snack of Poznan.
6. approx. 5 hours of free time to discover the city by yourself and having lunch break (on your request we can make it shorter or longer – depends on the train connections),
7. reaching railway station in Poznan on your own after free time,
8. around 2,5 hours journey back by train from Poznan to Wroclaw,
9. pick up at the platform of railway station in Wroclaw by our English speaking driver and transfer back to your hotel in Wroclaw
Whole tour lasts approximately 13 hours
- 850 PLN per person (1 person)
- 500 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 420 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 380 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 340 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 320 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 300 PLN per person (7 persons)
- Contact us (8 persons or more)
What is included?
- morning pick-up from your hotel in Wroclaw and transfer to railway station with assistance of our English speaking driver,
- return 2nd class fast train tickets,
- pick-up from railway station in Poznan by our local private city guide,
- service of professional private city guide in chosen language for up to 3 hours sightseeing walking tour of Poznan Old Town area,
- entrance tickets to the Archcathedral Basilica of St. Peter and St. Paul,
- entrance tickets to the Royal and Ducal Graves – relics of the tombs,
- St Martin’s Croissant tasting with tea/coffee,
- up to 5 hours of free time in Poznan,
- evening pick-up from the train station in Wroclaw and transfer back to your hotel in Wroclaw with our English speaking driver.
This private tour is available in following languages:
English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German and Russian
*some languages may be subject of availability and prices can vary
If you prefer to have less free time and have a longer guided tour of Poznan to see more of the city highlights, we would be very glad to organize such an extended version of this tour for you. Prices depend on the exact schedule and number of people. If you consider such option we recommend following tourist attractions that could be added to your program of sightseeing:
- interiors of the Palace of Dzialynski Family
- the Imperial Castle in Poznan,
- Archeological Reserve,
- The Raczynski Library,
- Freedom Square.
If you prefer to have an extended version of a guided tour in Poznan please contact us for more details.