Wroclaw: Tour to Auschwitz & Birkenau
Take part in our tour to Auschwitz & Birkenau from Wroclaw. This is the place where Germans established their largest concentration and extermination camp during World War 2. Approximately 1 to 1,5 million people of 28 nationalities were slaughtered here, 90% of which were Jews. It is considered to be the biggest cemetery in the entire world. The camp has been preserved as a memorial and the prison blocks that have survived, were turned into a museum showing the history of the camp and of persecution in Poland during the war. In 1979, the camp territory was included on the UNESCO World Heritage List as a historic site. Both Auschwitz and Birkenau camps are open for visitors and both are included in the program of our tour from Wroclaw.
We organize tours to Auschwitz Birkenau State Museum from Wroclaw in 2 options: Private tour by car and Tour by train through Krakow. Please choose what suits you the best.
Option 1: Tour by car to Auschwitz Birkenau from Wroclaw
- hotel pick up in Wroclaw at chosen time
- approx. 3 hours and 15 min drive from Wroclaw to Auschwitz Concentration Camp by air-conditioned, private vehicle with English speaking driver
- up to 3,5 hours of guided group sightseeing tour inside the camps Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II Birkenau with local licensed live guide in chosen language during which you will see:
in Auschwitz I (Main Camp):
- commemorating signs – plates describing places, items, and events during 1941-1944; „Arbeit Macht Frei” – the memorable sign above the entrance gate
- documentary maps and photographs – presenting how the deported prisoners looked like
- the Death Block (Block 11) – mainly the camp jail; here prisoners were tortured to death
- the Death Wall – the place where thousands of people were shot
- Crematorium I and the first gas chamber – at first the crematorium functioned as a pre war bunker, later it became a gas chamber for mass murdering
- Block 4 – in this block visitors can see the haircut of the murdered people in the gas chambers and an urn with ashes of the victims
- Block 5 – it contains an exhibit case with dentures of the victims
- Block 6 – presents photos of prisoners registered in the concentration camp
- Block 7 – inside visitors have the chance to imagine how the original toilets and washrooms looked like in the camp
in Auschwitz II (Birkenau):
- remains of gas chambers – in the chambers victims were murdered by the gas Zyklon B
- remains of crematories – corpses were brought here and burnt after the execution
- central camp bath – a large bathhouse where convicts were sent for showers and disinfection
- barracks – basic rooms without access to any sanitary-hygienic conditions where the prisoners slept
- the well-known railway entrance and unloading platform – at this point the deported Jews, Roma and prisoners of different European nationalities arrived for work and extermination
- the International Monument to the Victims of the Camp – it commemorates the 1.1 million people who died in Auschwitz
4. 1 hour of free time for lunch
5. approx. 3 hour and 15 min drive back from the Museum to Wroclaw by the same vehicle with the same driver
6. your hotel drop off in Wroclaw
Whole tour lasts up to 11 hours
- 1350 PLN per person (1 person)
- 770 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 560 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 500 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 430 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 380 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 360 PLN per person (7 persons)
- Contact us (8 persons or more)
What is included?:
- your hotel pick up and drop off
- private transportation with assistance of our English speaking driver during whole tour
- entrance tickets to Auschwitz & Birkenau State Museum
- skip the line entrance
- local, group sightseeing tour of Auschwitz & Birkenau camps for up to 3,5 hours with live guide in chosen language
- free time for lunch after sightseeing tour inside the camps
*Local group tours with live guide in Auschwitz & Birkenau are available in following languages:
English, Spanish, Italian, French, German and Russian
Option 2: Tour by train through Krakow
Our driver will pick you up from your hotel in Wroclaw and escort you to the train station. He will make sure that you board the correct train without any issues. After you get the return tickets from the driver, you’ll begin your 3-hour and 20-minute journey to Krakow. At the arrival to Krakow Main Station our representative will be waiting for you at the platform with a board providing your name on it. He will take you to the place where group tour to Auschwitz Birkenau begins. After the tour in Auschwitz you’ll return to Krakow and have some free time to spend in the city. After sightseeing you will take return train to Wroclaw.
- Pick up in the morning from your hotel in Wroclaw
- Around 3 hours of journey by train from Wroclaw to Krakow
- Meeting with our driver in Krakow train station
- Joining Group Tour from Krakow to Auschwitz Birkenau
- Up to 3,5 hours of a sightseeing inside the Auschwitz-Birkenau Camps with local guide in choosen language
- Free time in Krakow
- Retrun to Wroclaw by train
- Meeting with with our driver in Wroclaw
- Drop off to your hotel in Wroclaw
- 750 PLN per person (1 person)
- 590 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 520 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 490 PLN per person (4 persons or more)
- hotel pick up in Wroclaw
- assistance of an English speaking driver until getting inside the train in Wroclaw
- train tickets
- pick up from the train platform in Krakow
- group tour to Auschwitz from Krakow
- sightseeing of Auschwitz & Birkenau in a group with an English speaking guide of up to 3,5 hours
- entrance tickets to Auschwitz & Birkenau
- free time in Krakow
- evening pick up from the train platform in Wroclaw
- transfer from the train station back to your hotel in Wroclaw
Tour lasts 14 hours
*The detailed itinerary with exact times of hotel pick and train departures will be confirmed each time by e-mail
Due to frequent problems with availability of entrance tickets and guides in Auschwitz, please book your tour as early as possible before your planned visit so we can make all necessary arrangements for you.
Choose number of participants
You might also like
Before you go to Auschwitz you need to know.
You are not allowed to enter the museum in Auschwitz with any food (drinks, sandwiches etc.) however you can leave everything in the car/mini-van/bus which will be closed during your visit in the museum; You are not allowed to enter the museum with bags bigger than A4 sheet size so you can leave them in the left-luggage office (an extra pay) or leave in the car/mini-van/bus. During security control you must declare all the electronic items, watches, belts, keys just like in the airport. To avoid any delay you will need your collaboration.
How long before the tour do I have to book Tour to Auschwitz from Wroclaw ?
Due to frequent problems with availability of entrance tickets and guides in Auschwitz, please contact us as early as possible before your planned journey so we can make all necessary arrangements for you.
How far is Auschwitz from Wroclaw ?
The concentration camp of Auschwitz is located about 193 km far from Wroclaw.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
I have been wanting to visit Auschwitz for a long time and I was not disappointed. An amazing visit that has to be experienced to understand the horror of what happened in these camps !
very good , guide was excellent.
Everything went smoothly & well organised and was an excellent trip