Lodz: Chelmno Kulmhof Concentration Camp Tour
KL Kulmhof was the first German extermination camp in occupied Poland, located 50 kilometres northwest of Lodz, near the village of Chelmno. The first mass murder took place on December 8, 1941, when the German Nazis murdered about 700 Jews who had come to the camp the day before with car exhaust fumes. Chelmno is widely recognized as a place of early experimentation in the development of German extermination program which was later applied in other Nazi German death camps. Kulmhof operated until 1945 and its estimated death toll of the camp is between 150 000 and 200 000, mostly Jews from western and central Poland.
We offer private tours to Chelmno Kulmhof Concentration Camp State Museum from Lodz on request.
- hotel pick up at chosen time,
- up to 1,5 hour drive from Lodz to Chelmno Concentration Camp Museum by private, comfortable car/van with English speaking driver,
- meeting the local private guide at the museum
- up to 2 hours of sightseeing with local English speaking live guide during which you will see:
- museum in the Granary, an exhibition devoted to the history of the camp,
- personal belongings of the victims like hygiene products, various types of utensils,
- enamel mugs, child shoes, watches etc.
- ruins of the palace (later on destroyed by the Germans), used as a place where the victims were stripped of possessions and then transferred to vans to be gassed to death with exhaust fumes,
- archaeological research site with the outline of the level of the palace basement with a corridor which was the last route of the victims,
- a monument commemorating the “Place Sanctified by the Blood of Thousand Victims of Nazi Genocides” and a memorial plaque,
- Rzuchowski Forest with burial pits
5. meeting the same private driver after sightseeing
6. up to 1,5 hour drive back from Chelmno Concentration Camp to Lodz,
7. your hotel drop off in Lodz
Whole tour lasts approximately 5 hours
- 1050 PLN per person (1 person)
- 590 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 390 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 360 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 310 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 290 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 260 PLN per person (7 persons)
- Contact us (8 persons or more)
What is included?:
- hotel pick up at chosen time and drop off after the tour
- private transportation by comfortable car / minivan,
- service of private English speaking driver during whole tour,
- entrance tickets to the Chelmno Kulmhof Concentration Camp Museum,
- up to 2 hours of sightseeing inside the museum with private, local, English speaking guide
*This private tour is available in English only but on your special request we can hire the service of a private professional translator who will travel with you from Lodz and translate local guide in Chelmno Kulmhof Museum. If you are interested in this kind of service please contact us and tell us which language you are looking for and we will find the best price offer.